Activities in Ohakune/ Mt Ruapehu
Relax and enjoy outdoor activities and eco-tourism on the foot of Mt.Ruapehu
Short distance to Tongariro National Park and Whanganui River.
Ohakune is a playground for outdoor activities of all sorts, from mountain biking and walking, to skiing and hunting.
It is ideally situated between the Tongariro and Whanganui River National Parks and lies at the foot of Mt Ruapehu - well known for winter skiing on the Whakapapa and Turoa ski fields.
However during the summer and autumn months the mountain and the National Parks become a paradise for hikers - mountain bikers - fisherman - and those who wish to canoe the famous Whanganui River.
Mountain Biking in and around Ohakune include, The Bridge To Nowhere, Ohakune Old coach Road, 42nd Traverse, Fishes Track or challenge yourself the the Ohakune Mountain Road to name a few.
The Tongariro Crossing, Ohakune is the ideal base for the crossing with transport to and from the crossing from our motel.
Canoeing the Whanganui River from 1 to 5 day trips.
Here in Ohakune during summer or winter you can
- Visit an active volcano in a dual World Heritage Area
- Ride two chairlifts to 2020 metres
- Breathtaking views over Tongariro National Park
- Join a guided hike to the famous Crater Lake
- Bush Walks
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- Boat Tours
- Golf on Waimarino Golf Course with view of Mt. Ruapehu
- Trout Fishing
- Horse riding and treks
- Off-Road buggies,Bridge Swing,Flying Fox
- White water rafting
- Canoeing at Whanganui River, outdoor and indoor climbing
On winter you can
Skiing&Snowboarding at Turoa and Whakapapa
- The largest skiable area in New Zealand
- The highest lift access terrain in New Zealand
- The longest vertical drop in Australasia
- Walking or hiking in the National Park
So much to do!!! Book Now and enjoy your Experience with us